Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I had the strangest dream

Submitted by ICEKNIFE on Tue, 11/20/2007 - 5:22am.

George Bush died, and was greeted on the other side by thousands of children. Most were blown up, shot, and otherwise mangled horribly, but one in particular caught his eye as he gaped in abject horror. She was caucasian, tiny, and so very thin... but somehow he knew it was her, his little sister Robin, who died of leukemia at age three.

He reached out to her, cried out to her, "forgive me..." his despair was palpable and hung in the air between them, an invisible yet impenetrable wall seperating his darkness from her light.

She looked at him sadly, and whispered "I forgive you, George - but it's not enough. It can't help you now." The entire group was standing stock still - yet somehow, they seemed to drift up and away from him.

"Robin, wait, don't leave me. I... I... I'm afraid! Afraid of the dark!" George's terror made him a genuine object of pity. "You can't go where we're going, George. You took the darkness into you long ago. I'm sorry, but you know you were supposed to be MY big brother, not Orwell's. Goodbye George" her words faded while sight of the children faded for him as well.

He thought he could master the fear that clawed at his soul, was sure of it, until.... he felt the claws, talons, tentacles, and other appendages made of shadow reaching for him, reaching into him, draging him down. He screamed, but made no sound. He's still screaming, and will now scream silently for all eternity.

I woke up feeling, well, *cleaner* somehow, as if made whole by the comforting certainty that time clears the way of all detritus, all lies, all waste, and remakes the world anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment